Monday 22 February 2016

Creating mind maps!

Hi everybody :)

Here I am to share with you the second challenge we have done in ICT's. Honestly, I feel very happy to be learning tools that are new for me! I am sure that at the end of the course I will have a long list of online resources with which I will be able to work with at class. Isn't it practical?

Well, the second challenge consisted on visualizing our PLE and PLN and organising it in an online diagram.
For it, I have used Easel.ly.

Easel.ly is a free website, its purpose is simple yet extremely useful, it allows us create and share an eye catching mind map or a graphic. 

Before creating my final map, I tried different tools such as Popplet or Coggle but I decided to create my mapping e-project with Easel.ly because I found it easier to work with it.

So as to create your own project with Easel.ly, you can choose between different backgrounds, styles, charts, shapes, banners or you may use your own images. It gives you the opportunity to begin with one of their models or if you want to be more creative you can try to do your own, starting with a blank background.

I have done mine using different shapes and using some images which I had to upload. I used this Easel.ly to organize my PLE and PLE for CLIL.

It wasn’t until I started to study the master course on bilingual education when I started to learn about CLIL. The vast majority of things I have learnt and I am still learning are a consequence of the master course I’m taking, social networks, online platforms, and Google.

Through this mapping e-project I wanted to organise my learning on CLIL and reflect on where did I learnt about it.

I divided my map it into two types of learning: PLE (Personal Learning Environment) and PLN (Personal Learning Network):

PLE:

To organise and share information: Dropbox and Google Drive.

To search some information: Scholar Google, Google, Moodle (Aula Virtual urjc), Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

To obtain information: Master course and Moodle

To create: Voki.

                                                                     
PLN: Twitter and Moodle.

How can we use this tool in the classroom? It would be wise to introduce this tool to young learners in order to plan their own writings, to record results of an experiment or to present a project.

This is my final result:



I am sure that these mapping will be much bigger at the end of the course.

I recommend you to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment